What questions should I ask a plumber before I hire him?
You should always do your research and ask the right question before you hire any kind of tradesman to visit your home. When it comes to plumbing, you should ask:
- “Are you licensed and insured?”
- “Do you offer an hourly rate or a flat fee?”
- “Are all of your plumbers licensed and qualified?”
- “Will you help if anything breaks or if there is any damage?”
- “Do you offer any guarantee?”
- “Do you include cleanup as part of your services?”
Asking these types of questions will give you more clarity about the professionalism and integrity of the plumber that you’re interviewing. If they can’t provide clear or credible answers, we recommend that you find someone else.
Why do I never seem to have hot water?
Feel like you keep running out of hot water?
While this could be a sign of regular use — after all, each hot water tank can only provide so much — it can also be a sign that you need some hot water repairs. There could be a few reasons for this: you might have a broken dip tube or the heating element in your water heater may have failed. Whatever the case, this could be a sign that you need a repair or replacement.
In the same vein, if you notice that your water takes forever to heat up, it could be an issue with your water heater or with your pipelines. In any case, make sure that you have a professional skilled in both addressing the problem.
How long does it take to fix a hot water problem?
The good news is that, once you know what your hot water problem is, you can resolve it very easily. All of our hot water services can be completed on the same day. The only delay might come if you need a new system or special parts ordered.
Do I need to hire a professional to install a new water heater?
DIY plumbing can quickly end up a time-consuming (and expensive) hobby. Installing a water heater is complicated, and you face many risks with an improper installation, including:
- Risk of fire or explosion
- Risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, particularly when installing a gas heater
- Licensing, permitting, and code issues with your city or state
- Home resale issues down the road
- Higher energy and water costs
- Spending extra time and money getting a system re-installed
- Low compatibility with your existing systems and tools
In short, it may not be worth the risk to save a few dollars and do it yourself, and you might put your family and your home at risk.
If you’re looking for hot water plumbers near Canberra, give us a call on 📞 0411 169 327 or email us with your enquiry by filling in the form here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.